Following are the major activities conducted by AMP across India in November 2016:
1. AMP Mumbai office conducted 2 successful job drives across Mumbai on November 12th & 26th, 2016 at Nagpada. Corporates like Ion Exchange, Compass Group and Denovo Creative participated. AMP also took part in the Job Drive. Altogether, more than 75 candidates attended interviews out of which a few were selected on the spot and some were called for the further rounds of interviews.
November 12th - http://www.ampindia.org/latest-happenings/AMP-organizes-Job-Drive-in-Mumbai-on-12th-Nov-2016
2. A Mock Interview Workshop was conducted for Students of Engineering in the Mechanical stream by AMP Pune Chapter in which 40 students participated on November 20, 2016.
3. Skill Developments Lectures (SDLs) were conducted to commemorate the birth day of Moulana Abul Kalam Azaad, from 15th November to 30th November, 2016 on the topic ‘Kamyabi ka Wahid Raasta – Taaleem’. These were guidance lectures which were conducted in more than 287 schools across India.
4. Regular Skill Development Lectures (SDLs) were conducted by different AMP Chapters in 47 schools.
5. AMP Career Chart was distributed to more than 10 schools across the country.
6. AMP Mumbai office hired a Senior Project Co-ordinator, EAC (Employment Assistance Cell) Mr. Naeem Shaikh to handle Corporate Connect and oversee the activities of the Cell.
7. AMP has tied up with Ampower India to run Employment Oriented Courses and Skill India Initiatives. Mr. Asif Shaikh is coordinating with AMP on behalf of Ampower India.
8. Conducted various meetings with NSDC & PMKYP Training partners like National Institute of Technology, IL & FS, Edify Excellence, HUM Foundation, GEMS Skills and TISKNA for running various training courses under Skill India Initiative.
9. As part of AMP Zakat Fund, Higher Studies Scholarships cheques of Rs. 10,000/- each were issued to 30 students and 1 cheque of Rs. 25,000/- for Self Employment. About 70 more students will be given Scholarship cheques.
10. Train the trainer - Skill Development Lectures Initiative (SDL) is the most important AMP Project, wherein the focus was on training the volunteers who would be conducting SDLs all over India. These were held at Akola where Mr. Javed Iqbal from Nagpur conducted the training & at Govandi, it was conducted by Mr. Firdaus Ansari from Navi Mumbai.
11. AMP Mumbai Meeting was held at Nagpada for the presentation and discussion of 6 Months Report of AMP, AMP Membership, AMP Zakat Fund and SDL in new academic year and AMP Annual Plan for Year 2017.
12. AMP Chennai Chapter conducted a counseling session for 100 Parents of HSC students of Islamiya School in Coimbatore. The topic was on ‘The Importance of Higher Education’ and these parents included Vegetable vendors, Drivers, Fruit Sellers, Fish Sellers and Daily wage workers.
13. AMP Bangalore Chapter held its Review meeting where 13 members were present including Mr. Fahad Rahmani of Rahmani 30 was invited as a special Guest. This meeting will be conducted every month to review the progress and update the members on various AMP activities.
14. AMP Central team conducted multiple meetings in Pune with the AMP Core Members, AMP General Members and Ex-Chief Manager – Bank of India. They also conducted special meeting for making SDL Dashboard & all related documents for Chapter Management.
Tentative Plans for the month of December, 2016
1. A total of seven Colleges have been selected & dates have been finalized for conducting Employability Training Programs (ETP) starting in December.
2. Job Fair Calendar has been finalized for December in Andheri and Mira Road in January. The ground work has started with the Corporates. Job Fairs are also being planned in Indore, Delhi and Kolkata for 2017.
3. Senior Professionals Meet is planned to discuss Economic Development Plan of Muslim Community by the end of December in Mumbai.
4. Multiple Job Drives are planned in different cities of India.
My name is Rahil. Though belonging to a very humble household where we could barely make ends meet I always had big aspirations. I am pursuing my B.E. in Mechanical Engg. from AIKTC School of Engineering and Technology, New Panvel. However like all good things, Education also comes with an ... Read more
Can people like you and me think of brining about a revolution? The revolution has already arrived and the actual harbinger of the revolution is AMP! These are the people who work selflessly for the community and forge a path for others to follow. I admire these ...