Following are the major activities conducted by AMP across India in May 2017:
1. AMP in association with Saarth Prathisthan organized a successful Job Fair at Lower Parel, Mumbai on 13th May 2017. 41 corporates participated. Corporates like Mc Donalds, Richfeel, Amnesty International, Lenskart, L & T Finance, etc participated. About 2000 students attended the job fair out of which 200 students were shortlisted and 15 students with hearing and speaking disabilities were selected by 2 of Indias finest Retail Giants.
2. AMP conducted successful Job Drives at Nashik, Delhi, Bhiwandi and Mumbai at Wadala, Malad & Kurla, in May 2017.
3. AMP commences its 10th year Celebrations in a Historic Program in Mumbai. The event was a flashback of the past years of AMP and the forecast of the coming years. It was a very successful event, AMP’s work was appreciated by everyone present in the event.
4. AMP announced its Patron Membership in Mumbai. It is with great pleasure that we have decided to launch the Patron Membership of the Organization and have assigned it to 14 very prominent, social and influential people in Mumbai. We have also nominated 5 Patron Members in the AMP Governing Council.
5. AMP Career Chart was distributed to 21 schools across the country.
6. AMP Team launched its Summer Internship Program for the Graduate and Post-Graduate Students. This program will give the students a chance to experience live projects, it will enhance the soft skills and help in their personality development. Around 62 students have registered under this program.
7. AMP Zakat Fund has been launched in this month. The purpose of this fund is to provide monetary support to genuinely needy and underprivileged Muslims under two main heads mainly Education and Self Employment. Our aim is to ‘Transform the Zakat Taker of Today into the Zakat Giver of Tomorrow.’
8. AMP Online Career Counselling Cell under this initiative over 200 expert counsellors have registered till now. As the results are out, students from all over the country have been calling up the counselors to seek advice on various career options and benefiting immensely.
9. AMP Hubli – Dharwad Chapter organized its Bridge Course which was a 13 day program conducted for the students to enhance Personality Development, Attitude Correction, English Communication, etc.
10. AMP Bangalore Chapter Meeting was conducted on 20th May, 2017 to discuss about the AMP Zakat Fund and Collection and Disbursement Strategies with respect to the same. They also rolled out its Online Form to gather the school database so that the schools can be shortlisted for the regular SDLs. In addition, they have started collecting database of volunteers so that each volunteer can take up the AMP activities in the area that interests him.
11. AMP UP Chapter Meeting was conducted on 21st May, 2017 to discuss about the AMP Zakat Fund and Collection and Disbursement Strategies with respect to the same.
12. AMP Bhopal Chapter Meeting was conducted on 14th May, 2017. The main focus was on Introduction of AMP and its Activities to its new volunteers along with this planning and implementation of these activities.
13. AMP Gulbarga Chapter organized awareness program for Civil services coaching at MANUU University campus.
14. AMP Bhiwandi Chapter Meeting was conducted on 26th May, 2017. The meeting focused on starting various AMP activities such as SDLs, School Principals’ Meet, Train the Trainer, Job Drives, etc. in Bhiwandi.
Tentative Plans for the month of June, 2017
As the month of Ramadan is falling in June, there are not many activities planned in order to give our Members, Volunteers and Staff convenience and time for fasting & Ibaadah. However, we will be observing the following activities:
1. Since SSC & HSC results are being declared, the Career Counselling Cell will be active providing students with appropriate guidance and help.
2. AMP Zakat Fund (AZF) will be actively promoted this month.
My name is Rahil. Though belonging to a very humble household where we could barely make ends meet I always had big aspirations. I am pursuing my B.E. in Mechanical Engg. from AIKTC School of Engineering and Technology, New Panvel. However like all good things, Education also comes with an ... Read more
Can people like you and me think of brining about a revolution? The revolution has already arrived and the actual harbinger of the revolution is AMP! These are the people who work selflessly for the community and forge a path for others to follow. I admire these ...