Following are the major activities conducted by AMP across India in January 2017:
1. AMP conducted Mega Job Fair at Mira Road on January 7th, 2017. Corporates like NIIT, Yes Bank, Portea, F. Gheewala, Bombay Mercantile Bank, etc participated. Altogether, more than 1350 candidates attended interviews out of which 280 candidates were given on-the-spot offers and 350 were shortlisted for the further rounds.
2. AMP conducted successful job drives at Indore and Bangalore on January 21st, 2017 & Pune, Kurla and Delhi on January 28th, 2017. Corporates like LabourNet, DriveU, Lobo Staffing, JP Group, etc participated. Altogether, more than 650 candidates attended interviews out of which 243 were selected on the spot and 447 were called for the further rounds of interviews.
Bangalore - January 21st
Pune - January 28th - http://www.ampindia.org/latest-happenings/Pune-Job-Drive-28th-Jan-17
Kurla - January 28th - http://www.ampindia.org/latest-happenings/Kurla-Job-Drive-28th-Jan-17
3. Skill Developments Lectures (SDLs) were conducted on Republic Day, from 26th January to 4th February, 2017 on the topic ‘Indian Constitution…Our Rights…Our Responsibilities’.
4. Regular Skill Development Lectures (SDLs) were conducted by different AMP Chapters in 58 schools.
5. AMP Career Chart was distributed to more than 11 schools across the country.
6. AMP Bangalore Chapter conducted a successful Employability Training Program in Bangalore on January 21st, 2017 in which more than 76 candidates participated.
7. As part of AMP Zakat Fund, Higher Studies Scholarships cheques of Rs. 10,000/- each were issued to 43 students and 6 cheques of Rs. 25,000/- for Self Employment. About 57 more students will be given Scholarship cheques.
8. AMP Indore Chapter held its Mock Interview Workshop on January 20th, 2017 where the candidates were trained on interview skills before the job drive so that they can get on the spot offers.
9. AMP Kuwait Chapter held its Members Meet on January 26th, 2017 the meeting was inaugurated by Mr. Arif Durrani followed by review of 2016 AMP activities and plans for 2017.
10. AMP Pune Chapter held its AMP Quizitition: Inter School Quiz Competition in which 19 schools and more than 95 students from those schools participated from around the city.
11. AMP Nagpur Chapter held its AMP Professionals Meet where all the AMP Members, non - members, professors and school principals participated in the discussion for the upliftment of AMP and Nagpur.
Tentative Plans for the month of February, 2017
1. A total of 10 Colleges have been finalized for conducting Employability Training Programs (ETP) starting soon.
2. Multiple Job Drives are planned in different cities of India.
3. Mr. Tanveer Ahmed, Corporate Trainer is going to conduct Mock Interview Workshops in 15 different cities all over India for the final year students.
4. AMP Mumbai Chapter is looking forward to organize a Job Fair in association with Thane Police.
5. Team AMP will conducting a Nationwide Workshop on Study Skills to enhance the skills of students.
6. Team AMP has planned its Principals Meet at various cities to conduct regular lectures at all schools and colleges.
My name is Rahil. Though belonging to a very humble household where we could barely make ends meet I always had big aspirations. I am pursuing my B.E. in Mechanical Engg. from AIKTC School of Engineering and Technology, New Panvel. However like all good things, Education also comes with an ... Read more
Can people like you and me think of brining about a revolution? The revolution has already arrived and the actual harbinger of the revolution is AMP! These are the people who work selflessly for the community and forge a path for others to follow. I admire these ...